Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Circle Clock






















Circle Clock - Hahakid


I found this clock online with a little explanation at the bottom.


The artist said that as a child, they always wondered what the inner workings of machines like clocks looked like. Here, I'll quote them:

"When I was younger I always wondered what machines really looked like inside, so I ended up opening up a lot of them, usually they were mine but that didn't make my parents that much happier about it when they weren't put back together. It was a dissapointing experience though, the internals never lived up to my expectations. This is the first of what I hope will be several virtual machines. "

I really identified with this statement because I had always wondered how electronics, cassette tapes, CDs, etc work. It seems like magic to a person who hasn't been educated about physics and electronics. If you opened up a clock, it probably still wouldn't make sense how the clock works. So, this person did the work of an artist which is to come up with their own explanation of how the thing works.

No comments:

Post a Comment