Tuesday, February 17, 2009

20 lines

This was an important part of my introduction to Photoshop. I never realized how detailed you can make your drawings. You can zoom in and edit pixel by pixel to get lines so perfect that the naked eye can't even appreciate the time it took to make them. That was my problem. I got too obsessive with making some of my lines perfectly straight. I strained my eyes and would spend thirty minutes on just one line. It didn't take to long to get inspired about what kind of line to make next. I drew some thick perfectly straight ones. I made one that looked like ugly colored paint dripping down from the ceiling. I drew a giant black block, absolutely perfected, as a sign of mourning. I kept within the one line limitation. I didn't draw funny designs or blobs or pictures. Just 20 lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment