Thursday, April 16, 2009

National Gallery

Touring Robert Frank's exibit was more eye opening than expected. I learned about how much importance sequence can have in photography. I had never heard of photographers making picture books before, and I came to realize that it wasn't about picking the best pictures and just sticking them in a book. The artists that create these books pay close attention to all the details to convey their message. There is also a lot to be discovered in each individual photo. Frank's photos seemed like poems full of figurative language and hidden meanings. It's hard to believe that in one moment a person could capture so much.

I also went through the modern art section of the gallery. It was neat to be able to go through and see artists we have discussed in class such as Giochometti. To be able to see the art in person helped me relate to it that much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment