Thursday, April 16, 2009

Self Portrait

I actually made my objective portrait after the subjective one. I debated for a long time on how to make a picture of me objective. It seems like there is almost no way, since I'm the one creating it or selecting it. I decided to draw the portrait based off the web cam picture because it wasn't an especially bad picture of me, but it wasn't one I really liked either. It just seemed to be a pretty accurate mirror image. I wanted to show this image, but needed to create something at the same time so I made a drawing. I didn't try to make myself look better (not that I have that kind of artistic ability anyway). I just tried to translate my face from one piece of paper to another. To me, that seemed objective enough.

I came up with the idea for my subjective portrait pretty quickly. I wanted to have fun with it and try to represent my unusual self. I chose the same picture as a base, and put a bunch of other pictures of myself and things important in my life on top of the face. It looked like a monstrosity, but I figured it couldn't get more subjective than that. It was my creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment